Why consider revamps over new equipment or take a deep dive into operations? This is why:
- Reduce Operational and Maintenance Cost
- Extend Lifetime of Equipment for another Lifecycle
- Increase Capacity and Performance
- Implement additional Features and latest innovative Developments
- React on changing Environmental, Legal or Operational Conditions
- Relocate and rehabilitate (idle) Equipment for extend Asset Utilization
- Limit shutdown times by revamps instead of replacement by new equipment
Especially when looking into a comparison of the cost-to-lifespan ratio between new equipment and a revamped or renewed machine the specific yearly investment offers a remarkable advantage for revamps looking into the financial metrics.
Taking a closer look into effects on operations further advantages come to light: Renewals, modernizations or also implementation of innovative new features like assistance systems on a well-established equipment with long-term operational experience has a much lower risk profile. Operations thus can remain with the same operator and maintenance teams familiar with the equipment, continue with existing spares, auxiliaries and infrastructures already in place as well as to keep mine planning considerations a fit also for the future.